Monday, February 23, 2009

Step 1: Admit You Have a Problem

When I was 17 I was 6'2", 140 pounds and had body fat of 4.5%. I could eat a double Whopper with cheese every day for lunch and a half-gallon of ice-cream at night and never gain a pound.
Those days are over. I'm now almost 44. I'm still 6'2" but that's the only similarity. My Wii Fit just told me I'm overweight with a body mass index of 28 (it means I'm fat.)
Over the years I've tried different diets and weight loss programs. I've stayed fairly active, riding my bike on almost a daily basis. Yet the climb up the scale keeps going.
So, I've decided to shame myself into weight loss. I currently weigh 218 lbs. My goal is 178. I will post a weekly weigh-in.
I'm also planning to pack a healthy lunch each day instead of hitting the fast food joints or scrounging the office for food. So, any suggestions are welcome.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Body for Life worked really well for Eric. I should have him email you his before and after pictures. He lost 40 pounds in 12 weeks. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Ken Gibby said...

That is amazing. What I'm looking for is a way to lose weight without having to change anything. Will Body for Life do that?